LOCATE: Child Care is a free resource and referral service available for parents seeking child care throughout Maryland.
Call 1-877-261-0060 Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
The LOCATE database includes family child care sites, center-based child care sites, nursery schools, pre-kindergarten, kindergarten and Head Start programs, after-school care sites and summer programs.
Experienced Family Resource Specialists, trained in early-childhood development, will help parents define their child-care needs and evaluate their options.
Family Resource Specialists are available to assist you with Information on LOCATE and other resources like the child care scholarship program.
- Lower Shore (Dorchester, Somerset, Wicomico or Worcester counties) Guerline Desimond, 410-543-6650.
- Upper Shore (Caroline, Kent, Talbot, Queen Anne's counties) Jessica Jackson, 410-822-5400 ext. 2560 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Maryland Family Network and LOCATE: Child Care are committed to assisting parents in finding quality child care.
LINKS TO LOCATE: CHILD CARE AT THE MARYLAND FAMILY NETWORK:
- Looking for Child Care
- After School Activities
- Community Line Intake Form
- Intake form for special needs child care
- Registration form for John Hopkins Child Care
CHILD CARE PROVIDERS:
TO UPDATE INFORMATION IN THE LOCATE: CHILD CARE DATABASE
- Clink on the link to update your information online in the LOCATE: Child Care database
- Click on the appropriate questionnaire for Family Providers or for Group Programs. This will bring you to the Login page. If you already have a username and password set up, you can enter them there. If you don't already have an account set up, you can do so there, too.
- Keep your information current to get the best chance of referrals for parents looking for child care. Each time you update, you will be entered into a monthly drawing for an Amazon gift card!
LOCATE: Child Care is a free and confidential service available to any parent searching for regulated child care. The users' names and telephone numbers are collected for follow-up purposes only and are never shared with other individuals or organizations.